Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Burn Like Jesus: Chapter 27

What is your name, little girl? Alfred asked me one night.

Rachel! I screamed at him, with my eyes open.

Stop! Look! Look! What's that? Ice cream? Oh boy, ice cream! He showed himself as a little boy, chasing after an ice cream truck.

Awww... I sighed.

What is it, Sugar Plum? You get warm fuzzies when people get excited about food. Why is that, Sugar Plum?

I don't know, reminds me of my childhood.

Oh boy, alligator brains! Mm mm!

Awww!

That didn't work as well, did it, Sugar Plum?

No, not really. I don't think that's a food a little kid would like.

Time to go to the playground! Oh, no! And then he shows himself being hit by a van.

Awwww! I was saddened by this, in a good way.

You're sick, you know that? You like seeing me run over because it makes you feel sad in a good way! Well that's just sick! Oh boy, tacos! He shows himself going up to a dinner table covered with tacos.

That's so sweet!

Oh no, bus! He shows himself being hit by a bus.

Awwww!

One more thing, he told me. Lie down on the ground right here, Sugar Plum.

In my mind, I lay down where he told me to.

Now, watch the stars!

I watched the stars. As I watched, a meteor came down and landed right on top of me, killing me.

Awwww! Alfred exclaimed. How cute! It killed you!

I laughed and decided this game was funny, but not true of how I really felt about tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment