Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Burn Like Jesus: Chapter 21

We decided it was time for a money saving lesson, and drank less energy drinks for awhile.

As we walked home from my walk, a big wasp almost stung my forehead. As I brushed him off, Alfred said to me, “Little Baby Bee, I'mma gonna sting thee!” I whispered profanities and stared blankly ahead as we walked the rest of the steps home.

When we walked in the door, my mother was waiting for me. She told me I needed to unload the dishwasher. When I sat down on the chair, I looked at my dad. “Monstrosity!” Alfred said in a funny voice.

Later, I asked, “Why did he say that, monstrosity?”

Because his ideas are monstrous! Alfred exclaimed.

How much does it take to rule a planet? Alfred asked me one night.

About a horse shoe and a half what it takes to rule a solar system, I said.

What does it take to rule a country? Alfred asked.

About three times what it takes to rule a one time city.

Where do you think we will be in eight years, Sugar Plum?

In the White House! I exclaimed.

We waltzed into the kitchen for a snack. We picked out a banana and a watermelon slice, and ate it on the way back to my room.

When do you think you'll write to the monster under the bed?

As soon as he calls me back!

Watch out! Here comes my mother's grandfather!

What?

Someone from a past life, that you would never remember because you don't remember past lives at all.

Something is not who I want it to be. But that's all right. I will make way for another person in my best friend's list.

When will you lust after me, Sugar Plum? Lust after me, Sugar Plum, lust.

I will right now! And I rolled all over the bed in burning lust for my own soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment