Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, February 3, 2014

Imagined Stuff is Imaginary

So, I wanted to talk a little bit about my book.

The thing I wanted to talk about was, this book I am writing is kind of a tricky read. Because you have to understand that I am oftentimes delusional and my brain makes stuff up. So sometimes, I will tell stories about things I say people did. A lot of times, THEY DID NOT DO THESE THINGS. It was delusional. I imagined it.

How do you tell the difference between fake stories and real stories? When I give information, you have to ask yourself, how do I know this? If I specifically mention that a particular person told me this, or I witnessed it in person, that means it is true. Everything that I witness in person actually happened. Because the thing is, I don't hallucinate. I don't have imaginary in-person encounters with people. Everything I see with my eyes is really there. Things I actually hear are real too, but this gets tricky because I sometimes imagine conversations. When I hear these conversations, I hear them in my head, not out loud. So, it's not really an auditory hallucination, more like a sixth sensory hallucination. To me, there is no mistaking what is out loud and what is in my head. But I usually just say I heard it, so you have to ask yourself, was I there in person with these people? Is there any explanation for how we met up? If not, I think it should be obvious based on context, random clips of conversation from random people are just in my head.

Especially if I say I heard it psychically, that's bullshit. It wasn't psychic. But I say that it was psychic, because I thought so at the time. I am keeping with the moment. Sometimes I will specifically say I "imagined" something. Imagined stuff is imaginary.

I'm kind of worried though, because the people I imagined stuff about are real people and they might get mad that I imagined negative things about them. Or not so much that I imagined them, but that I wrote a book about it and stupid people might not understand which stuff is imaginary.

It kind of keeps you on your toes, this book.

5 comments:

  1. I'd be careful. Even if you use the disclaimer that you were delusional, if you say hurtful, inflammatory, or otherwise untrue stuff about people in your book, you could have a slander suit on your hands. Of course, any good editor or publisher worth their salt will fact-check you and edit that stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I change all the names in my book anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't figured out that your parents post comments anonymously here. Surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not my parents my parents tell me when they comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good idea to change the names. BTW, I'm not the anon. who made the 3rd comment. I made the first one.

    ReplyDelete