Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Upcoming Thirties

So, I feel as if my life is slowly ending. Because, I'm getting older. And before you know it, I am going to be 30.

I feel that life ends when you turn 30. I know it doesn't. I know life will go on, my life as a senior citizen.

But see, there's this misconception that everyone would rather be in their 20's. When people lie about their age, they always lie and say they are 20-something, if they can get away with it.

So I'm trying to reason my way through this. The reason I want to be in my 20's is because 20-somethings are seen as desirable, sexually. That's really the only reason. You can still do everything you could do in your twenties in your thirties. But it shouldn't matter. I shouldn't have to be in my 20's to be desirable. Because the way I am thinking about it now is, I want to be with normal people, not perverted old men who are trying to hook up with a woman in her 20's. Normal people go for people their own age.

Seriously, most people should probably just date people their own age. Some people think they are mature for their age, but they are really not. Or, they think they are young at heart, but they are fooling themselves. Date people your own age.

Normal people always want someone their own age, no matter what age they are. So if I am in my thirties, I will be able to find people in my thirties to date, unless I suddenly age terribly. My looks will be gone by the time I am forty, so I better find someone by then.

People in their twenties are generally seen as immature and not to be trusted as professionals. At least, not as much as someone a little bit older. People in their thirties are taken a bit more seriously. That's why you can't run for president until you are 35.

But what I am sick of, I'm sick of creepy men. I walk down the street, and creepy men ask for my number. Sometimes I give it to them, thinking we can be friends. I realized that I don't want to be friends with these people. People worth being friends with don't just randomly ask you to exchange numbers when you are walking down the street. Sometimes I talk to these people, and they are drawn to me because they think I am attractive, and they make that clear, and I find out they are in a relationship too and I think it is cool and we can be friends. But no. These are the kind of people who aren't satisfied with the sex they are getting in their relationship, so they want a little something on the side. The want a fuck buddy. Sorry. I'm in a relationship so I don't do that.

The reason I think my looks will go by the time I'm in my forties, is because I'm not all that attractive to begin with. The reason I am still attractive now is because I'm young. Really pretty people stay pretty longer. But if you're not naturally attractive, by the time you are forty people won't look at you that way anymore. Unless you take really good care of yourself or something. Which I don't.

So that's why I think the thirties should be even better than the twenties. You are still relatively young, but old enough to be taken seriously by the world because you are past your twenties. But if I'm not married by the time I'm forty I'll be fucked.

EDIT:

I want to clarify before someone gets mad at me that when I say people should date people their own age, I just mean when you look for people you should look for people around the same age. If you happen to fall in love with someone a lot older or a lot younger, that's ok. But you probably shouldn't actively seek someone much older or younger.

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought ahead to the time when you'll be approaching 40? Or 50? or 60? It's all the same...except different. Live to the fullest in the now, and the age definitions will take care of themselves. It's all good if you can accept who you are in the now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - it's not that people don't trust people in their 20's - as you get older you have more life experiences, ability to sort out the issues and the ability to know what is a problem and what's just a silly immature matter. The more life experiences you have, the more you are relaxed about who you are. Then, age just doesn't really matter. After all, what's the alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting older does feel weird. I guess for me its the surprise that I am still alive. Because I feel like I should of never been born to begin with... I wouldnt worry about being 30. 30 doesnt feel any different then 29. Or 17 turning 18. Other people just try and freak you out about it cause they have nothing better to do. And enjoy watching you worry. Those people are pathetic. It it true that if you want a REAL relationship that is not based on sexual times, you have to be with someone in the same age range. People that are too far apart in age have problems. There is no girl out there that is seriously into a guy that is too much older then her. That would just be called, acting. And if for some reason you have convinced yourself you are... You have never had good sex. The problem is most guys theses days dont think its important to treat women with kindness and respect. Man are afraid of stating there with one women. So you have to trick them into it by pretending you dont want it. By never bring it up, but waiting for them to. This way they dont see you as a threat. Guys know girls want to be in a relationship, they just assume this. So you just have to throw them off. Also looking good has alot to do with how you put yourself together. most people dont bother or really understand the importance. Thats why MOST people are Unattractive. Most people underestimate the power that comes with looking good. As it is a power. If you knew what it felt like. you would never go out in public without it.... (if you havent felt it, or know what I'm talking about. your probably NOT attractive.) ~ Wild Bob

    ReplyDelete