Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Onward, to the Actual Unit at Unity Hospital, Where things get better!

Everything was bleak. I was at the end of my ropes, and I wanted to die. Well, how? I dunno, how... I don't remember if I had a roommate when I first got there, I may have. And I don't remember. Then I got a different roommate. Maybe, or was that the first one? Dunno. Anyway, this woman came in, and she's like, "Wow! The hospital! Wow! I'm so excited to be here and meet everyone! I just can't wait!" I was planning on eventually talking to her, but you know. I did comment on the library she brought to the hospital with her, I thought it was weird that she insisted on bringing a whole bunch of books from home. I simply said something about it. She rested her Bible on her pillow. I was thinking that was something we could talk about, Christianity. I had one of those iPads or whatever, they have Spotify. And I was listening to music, I think at this point I was using headphones. Someone had given me chocolates, and they were sitting on my desk. She ate them and I thought it was rude, but I excused it. Then I was sitting there, and I was zoned out, and... I listened to a conversation about, something about molestation, and something about how her family doesn't like her boyfriend who is Christian. "Well, you know, he's Christian. Like, Oh my God you don't get it, he's Christian." And, I pointed out at one point I talk to myself. Maybe I was supposed to look embarrassed and ashamed and I didn't. And then... At some point not too long later she left, and I found mayonaisse in my hairbrush the next morning. Yes, I bring a hairbrush from home, do you have a problem with that? Hmm? Do you know what has happened in the past, when I didn't have a firm bristle hairbrush, hmm?" So, I woke up, and saw that, didn't know what to do, asked someone to clean it, and they insisted on Zyprexa. I had to force tears out right here. I had to FORCE out the tears in the restroom, crying will release chemicals that will make this experienc easier. And I took it, and went to sleep, and had to deal with the dirty Zyprexa repercussions in the morning. That's not hunger, that's just general feeling like shit. And.. My parents got it through to the doctor... Oooh, I remember! I REMEMBER! I am forced to take SOMETHING here, I remembered how Lamictal and Abilify "weren't as bad." No, there was something wrong. So, handily and dandily, I remembered, with the prompting of my guides, "Aha!" We never gave Vraylar a reasonable chance, did we? I took that one, when something else was going on in my life, that they could understand, but I wouldn't know if that was important or if they would even remember when, either, only that "Vraylar didn't work." So, I got Vraylar, the increased appetite dissipated after several days, and I tried cheeking it one day and felt better when I didn't. My dad says, "No, never cheek.." "Why? That made me not angry about taking it!" (You would also think right here, there were other factors in "resting" or "unmedicated" brain chemistry to consider...) Then, the new doctor gave in and listened to my parents. Try Ritalin! I had to wait, and eventually, I got the Ritalin. And... There was a spiritual visitation that night... And... My guides predicted the next day, Tuesday, wrote down "Canceled" in the notebook, I didn't think that would happen.. Psychological distress... And happy times to music. Music. Music. And lots of zoning out to music here, on Ritalin. And at the end of the week, when the Ritalin was taken away, it was okay with me. I had found the will to live. And I was ready to get out. This was something weird. At the end of the visit, there was something about this situation. It seemed like some sort of understanding had been reached. Somewhere, with some people, about something. And this was by far, the most interesting hospital. I left the hospital, determined to live. And, well? What do I do now? Find Mr. Right? Who? Where? I don't know if the random dude I find on Zoosk is going to be Mr. Right, the one who give me a chance, lord help me...

1 comment: