Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rick Perry, Gays, and Global Warming

So I've been discovering the wonders of taking Zyprexa as a prn (in case you don't know a prn is a medication you take as needed). Actually, being Zyped isn't that wonderful (I made up the term Zyped), but it's not as bad as I thought it was before. One of the staff here told me that Zyprexa inhibits the reuptake of serotonin, which would mean that it should actually make you feel better. Knowing this makes the experience of being on Zyprexa more pleasant. It feels the same only now it's not bad. Yes, it's all mental. Zyprexa is an antipsychotic that is supposed to decrease psychosis and delusional thinking.

I was on the writer's forum that I go to, and someone posted a link to an article about people who think our acceptance of gays is causing natural disasters (and 9/11). Now, this wouldn't be a big deal if the people we were talking about were just the Westboro Baptist Church. But it's people associated with Rick Perry, one of the Republican forerunners. Which is freaking scary, because he could be our next president. I'm thinking that he could be worse than Bush.

Yeah, so apparently some people on the right have noticed the increase in natural disasters. Instead of the obvious culprit, global warming, they blame the gays. Why are some people so fucking stupid? I mean, I don't want to be a hater, but seriously.

So anyway, I start thinking about this and I go back to thinking about my delusions. These people can't use their own judgment to see that homosexuality is a victimless (non)crime, and therefore really isn't a problem. But since it says something in the bible about homosexuality, they blindly trust what the bible says. My delusions were about religious fundamentalists and global warming. Basically, one of the premises behind my delusions was that religious fundamentalism makes global warming worse, because of stupid god damn values voters, who vote the way they do because of issues like gay marriage. I remember the 2004 election well, and I'm of the opinion that Bush would not have been re-elected if it weren't for values voters and gay marriage. The idea behind my delusions was not that Democrats are right about every issue across the board, but they are right about the most important issue, which is global warming. And while I may have been delusional, I still believe this.

Anyway, I was thinking about some other things too, but I think I'll just leave it there. On a different but related note, I've decided to write another book where I reflect more on my delusions and the experience of being delusional. I feel this may be even more important than my first book, but my first book is necessary back story.

No comments:

Post a Comment