Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Friday, October 21, 2011

Spirit Imposters

One night last spring my spirit people came to me in a dream and told me I needed to leave Innercept.

I still believe that this was truly a message from the spirits. So I decided that when people directly tell you things in dreams they should be taken seriously. That was before the onslaught of the imposter spirit people.

One theory on why this is happening is because now I make a point of asking questions to people in a dream, thinking they are a spirit. Most people in my dreams aren't spirits, they are just a character generated by some part of my psyche. But I want answers, dammit! So I ask them questions, and if they don't tell me what I want to hear I ask someone else until I eventually get an answer I like.

Last night I didn't have to do this though. I don't remember anything about it except that someone in my dream told me everything that I wanted to hear, about the usual questions I would have asked.

Part of me still secretly (well, not so secretly) hopes that this was a spirit. But I have my doubts. People in dreams have given me conflicting information. Before I got the rejection later from the agent I sent my manuscript to, I had a dream where someone told me that agent would represent me. It's madness.

The problem is that right now my mind isn't regulating who can and can't enter my dreams. I need some sort of filter, with armed guards and metal detectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment