Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stressed Out and At Ease

I'm going through some sort of midlife crisis in my sleep. I keep dreaming that I'm getting old. I think I'm convinced that life ends when you turn 30.

Besides that, I am both stressed out and at ease when it comes to getting published. I'm stressed out because trying to write a query for my book that people on the writing message board like seems near impossible. Still, I respect their opinion because it's probably similar to the opinion of the agents who will read it, and if I can impress the people on the message board then I might be able to impress an agent.

So this task I'm facing is tricky. At the same time, I feel strangely confident that there is really nothing to worry about and that my book will be published. It wouldn't matter if the people on the message board told me that the subject of my memoir sucked (which they haven't, they've told me it sounds interesting), it wouldn't phase me because of how freaking confident I feel about this.

And I'm wondering where all this confidence came from, if it came from somewhere outside myself. It doesn't matter where it came from right now though, the important thing is that it is the thing that is keeping me from giving up.

I think I might be worried that I'm wasting too much of my life at Innercept.

No comments:

Post a Comment