Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Interesting Dream, by request

There was this dream I had a few weeks ago, before I knew I was pregnant, that has come to my attention was a point of interest. It was about my sister, actually. This goes back to the high school issue with Ted, where he was living at the house, a homeless guy. My mom gave my sister the assignment of writing me a kind letter explaining that she wasn't sexually/romantically interested in me (in the dream, obviously). The misunderstanding in my mom's mind was that I was the one who had raped Kristen. The other vague reference here that comes up is that a little bit after that situation (in real life), my sister was forced to see a "life coach," my mom's idea, who asked her what she wanted in life. Kristen said she wanted to get married. The life coach gave her the assignment of making a collage of traits she wanted in a future husband, so she could show it to men on first dates. Needless to say, Kristen did not, and there were conversations between her and I about the requirements for being a life coach... actually, anyone can become a life coach, no requirements. My mom didn't seem to have a serious attitude about this particular situation, in my memory. If she did it happened when I wasn't there. Subbie pointed out recently, not at the time, that that was a "joke dream." Meaning, when something so good happens (or in this case, maybe it hasn't happened yet...), you have some sort of dream about something opposite, or in this case, just sarcastic. On a different note, there are lots of points of interest, but one big one I wanted to share was the Nirvana cover story situation, with the baby on the cover growing up to be, let's just say, upset about the situation. It makes me feel funny, what a weird situation to be thinking about in the womb. That is all. Things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment