Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Alcohol: Life Without It, the Final Frontier

 What does alcohol do for me? Makes me forget my troubles, and then I fall asleep. Every single time.

Is forgetting your problems the final frontier?

Or is forgetting to drink the booze?

We, in the Rachel Zuhl experience, would like to be productive. For awhile, it was about drunken Facebook statuses. As the appeal of that wears thin, as in retrospect they appear goofy... well, what else can you accomplish, while boozing? Mopey blogs. Mopey emails. Mopey text messages. Facebook statuses, lamenting that people should be granted the right to end their own lives... sleepy time... what is accomplished? Nothing!

“As a new memoirist, I would like to be coherent and respectable,” Rachel Zuhl says. “None of that, you are slurring your speech so much I can hardly make out your words.”

On top of that, she has recovered from cravings/withdrawals, while at the hospital.

“Not even one drink,” Rachel Zuhl says. “I need to set an example that if you have a problem, not even a sip every now and again.”


Rachel then wonders what the deja by she experienced just now meant.



No comments:

Post a Comment