Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Friday, April 16, 2021

Abortion: Unacceptable This Way, Unacceptable That Way

 It’s time to address a secret. My revised stance on abortion.

My guides, even on a subconscious level, allowed me to make up my own mind on this issue. Meaning they didn’t have the “Horrors of Being an Aborted Baby” lecture until I was much older, not even the subconscious version.

Subbie says, you can trace back my conscious pro-choice stance, to one moment: when my dad first explained the issue to me in fourth grade. We were driving around town, and there was some sort of sign everywhere saying something about abortion. “It gives me great pause, but it comes down to, you don’t tell women what to do with their bodies.”

Then, another moment happened when I was twenty years old, and messing around on a debate forum for young people. In the midst of an abortion debate I threw out there, kind of joking, kind of not - “The one thing all aborted babies have in common is that no one loves them.”

This created an uproar. “What if I believe I can abort the fetus, and the same soul will come back, when I’m ready?” Looking at what I actually wrote here, I clearly lost. But Subbie says, “That’s when I became pro-life, on a subconscious level. What is this hogwash about how the same soul comes back? You killed it once, and it’s going to come back for more? I thought the pro-choice argument was that it didn’t have a soul?” Nonsensical reasoning from pro-choice people.

Telling the conscious Rachel this... “well I’ve always sort of envied pro-life people... don’t ask me what that means.”

As it turns out, my conscious argument for abortion has always come down to, carrying a baby for nine months is a responsibility in itself, for those who say you can just put him/her up for adoption. As it turns out... we make an exception for that situation, where extreme drug use puts the unborn baby at risk. Along with rape and health of mother.

It turns out, abortion is horrific on unborn baby, and commonly leads to them becoming dark souls. If a soul is a dark soul, it has experienced something brutal and horrific, and leads to changes in interests and desires, including getting sick pleasure (on the other side) from souls going through some types of horrible experiences. It’s socially acceptable, the dark soul predicament. However, if it can be avoided, it should be. Also, it can lead to degradation of traits as well.

What about for rape? Well, we make an exception. For a woman who is already traumatized by rape, to endure having to carry the rapist’s baby... that could lead to more serious soul problems and decline, than the unborn baby endures in abortion.

Another issue I wanted to address... the answer to the question of the morality of abortion, is tricky and not obvious. It isn’t obvious that a fetus is a person, and it is hard to empathize with a fetus. I hear pro-choice people say, “it’s about controlling women.” No, it’s not, okay. Maybe it’s because different people empathize differently, they may not see it as obvious that a fetus has the right to life. And that’s fine, it doesn’t mean there is something wrong with you. But realize, pro-life people’s stance on abortion, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and say it comes from a place of love and caring, even if you think they are trying to punish women for having sex. That sounds stupid, there is a real concern regarding destroying life here.

Next up: designing better birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment