Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, November 18, 2021

What is a Savant?

What is a "savant?" It's a situation that happens sometimes with Autism. A savant is an autistic person who has some sort of amazing analytical superpower. For example, the ability to look at something and paint it with amazingly perfect detail. The thing about it is, I can't cite my source here I was reading about this a long time ago, maybe during one of my random internet searches after school in high school. It occurs in people who are not socially integrated. When they are integrated back into society, the superpower usually goes away. I'm not autistic. However, my point is, being not completely socially integrated has helped me do philosophy. Sometimes I think, duh, God exists, what is wrong with you for not thinking that? Then I remember... Wow what a journey it took to get to that belief system. The other thing is, the idea of who "I" am, implying I have (am) a soul, becomes completely obvious with the mindflip. "I" feel more "solid" and immortal. The thing is, there aren't words to describe it, it's just a "duh." I can't actually argue that point. As a side thought, it's interesting when you argue on the internet. It's not always clear who won the argument. People don't typically concede ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment