Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, August 13, 2018

Marijuana Culture

With the push to legalize marijuana... Comes an even stronger need to clean up our culture, and stop promoting the idea that marijuana is cool.

Marijuana is legal here in Oregon, and I am known to use it on occasion. I am fortunate in that I never really experimented with the drug until I was 26 years old, and my brain was fully developed (there were a couple isolated incidents of me trying marijuana at younger age).

First off, is marijuana cool? Not really, but it is a relatively harmless drug that you can use when you are old enough, to alter your mental state. I don't think it is cool, but it is prevalent in our culture.

Rap music, in particular. Urging you to "smoke weed everyday." How do we get through to the children? You will be much more intelligent as an adult, if you lay off the drugs in high school!

We need to reach out to the rap artists, and try to instill in them a sense of responsiblity to the children.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment