Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, November 25, 2013

Breaking the Routine

So I started thinking yesterday about where my life is going. I was thinking about how I occupy my mind with pointless crap that doesn't matter and doesn't make me happy. Like dinner. Like I think, if we go out to a restaurant tonight, that will make me happy. But it doesn't make me happy. I'm not even satisfied while we are eating the food. And then it's over, and we are home, and we have spent a bunch of money consuming a bunch of calories.

I go to the mall and walk around. Does clothes make people happy? No, clothes don't make you happy. I mean, they could, if you bought a spiffy outfit and it impressed a guy you liked, and he started talking to you and then you started going out and then you got married. But how often does that happen?

I have to breakthrough this monotonous lifestyle and get to the heart of what I would actually find fulfilling.

When I think of things that might be fulfilling, I think of relationships with people, and gaining respect and impressing people with your ability to make massive amounts of money. I think of breaking the routine and doing something to get people to notice you.

So what I feel now is the beginning of a push. I had a push before, back in 2011, to get my book published. That push led me nowhere. So this may be another push, hopefully not leading nowhere. I don't know yet if it's a push but it might be and I hope it is. I like pushes.

1 comment:

  1. Making massive amounts of money will not impress or get the respect of the people that count. People who are only impressed with money are shallow, empty souls.

    ReplyDelete