Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Friday, September 18, 2015

The Picture Looked Funny From A Distance But as You Get Closer It Disappears!

What a day! Randalph exclaimed.

Why? Rachel asked.

What's up with you, Rachel? Why are you acting so strange?

Who? Rachel said again. She looked down at her feet and giggled. Who?

Rachel, have you been in the CS again?

No, not at all! I ate little, drank more cough syrup, and pretended my life was over, over and over again. When I got to the end of that exercise, I gave up hope of life ever getting any better.

Rachel! That sounds like suicide talk! Do I need to tell Ingrid?

NO WAY! Rachel screamed. She liked the way he looked. He looked solid, like you could take a bite out of his arm and not pierce the skin at all. A word that described him was solid and voluptuously youthful. She wanted him now, but cough syrup prevents orgasms.

No way, Rachel! I know suicide talk! That's what I call a cry for help! Cough syrup, he said with a sneer. Rachel, I am disappointed in you. I thought I could trust you not to drink the CS again!

But I needed to escape the harsh realities of program life! Why don't you understand! I can't hear you anymore! The thoughts have started again!

Rachel, you're not going to start philosophizing again! You know that leads to existentialism!

I know not what you say, but I think your mind is made up of something called plasma. When two dots collide, neurons, they fire rapidly and cohesively to create that thought you're having. I think your thoughts intermingle with my thoughts, we could have a conversation. Would you? Would you have a conversation?

AHHHH!!! NO!!! CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

Rachel was surprised. Cough syrup generally didn't bring out philosophy in her. She looked at herself in the mirror. She was small and skinny from running and cough syrup afterwards. Her words tasted like food. She tasted them before they left her mouth. She felt like a food, like a sorbet. She smelled her hair and smelled enlightenment. Her time was coming.

She left the bathroom and walked outside the door. She looked at her mind in the mirror again and dazzled herself with what came out of it. Dots. She loved dots.

What a boy! Said Randalph's admirer Chelsea. She looked at Rachel and smiled. Hi Rachel!

That's not you! That's what I call a mischief making grin!

What's going on?

Trying to dazzle you!

That's not right. Have you been hitting the CS again Rachel?

Not really, no! However, I like the way you look in those pants, they bring out your mind.

Stop it, you are high! Why are you coming on to me?

Rachel giggled. No! I'm not coming on to you! I am just complimenting your features!

No comments:

Post a Comment