Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, September 22, 2014

Psychics and Charlatans

So I wanted to take a moment to discuss the charlatan aspect of the psychic profession.

Many a psychic is a charlatan. Many a charlatan is not a psychic. Because if you are a charlatan, you are not psychic.

It is true, what they say about quackery in the field of psychics and the paranormal. People pretend, because they can. Because the people who talk to psychics sometimes tend to be trusting and gullible.

I was like this one time, one time far, long, way too long ago. Back when I had misconstrued ideas and was in an altered gullible state. At least that's what someone told me, someone I love very, very much, one of my spirit guides. Being delirious makes you extra gullible.

Charlatans tend to hide online and on the psychic hotlines. There are real ones there, not very good ones, not ones worth talking to... and then there are those that just completely fudge everything and take a long time, trying to draw every last nickel and dime out of you.

But, however, as my spirit guides informed me, usually psychics who have there own practice, they are usually not charlatans. However, sometimes they are something else entirely. They are mediums. Mediums who do not know who they are talking to when they channel.

I have this problem, all the fucking time when my body gets off balance. I start trying to channel, and they start telling me something off... not necessarily though, sometimes they try their best but then I am like wait a minute, that sounds off. Then I realize I may not be talking to who I want to be talking to. So I ask. "Do you know what you are talking about?" "This is someone who does not know." They always tell me that. However, right now my guides are telling me they are not required to tell me that, and I think I remember in the past they have not always. Usually, there is something off about it when I am not talking to the right one.

Some of these psychics, however, often times channel unsavory spirits. Like Renee, my mother's trusted beloved psychic. She channels bad spirits. She doesn't know it. She gets enough right to make her well known.... but if she worked hard on figuring out who she is actually talking to... maybe she could be better, instead of giving my mom crappy advice all the time which she does not take with a grain of salt, because a psychic said it, and if a psychic said it, it is true.

Celebrity psychics are always real psychics. If they make it that far, it means they have a gift. Period. Sylvia Browne had some unsavory elements to her.... and she didn't always channel correctly either. Like, I read in her book that she said spontaneous human combustion happens when you get too much phosphorus in the body. My guides told me that what they probably meant to say was that something could happen if you get a shit, shit load of phosphorus in the body, like you suddenly took to scarfing boxes and boxes of matches. But that has never happened before. Ever. People who have claimed to witness spontaneous human combustion are lying. It is not real. It is not real. It is not real.

But that is normal, all in a day's work for a psychic. There are miscommunications. It is a difficult form of communication, mediumship. Kind of like communicating with aliens. We speak a similar base language, but that's not English.

I was talking to Matthew yesterday. He told me he didn't believe that Sylvia Browne was real, because she told someone that she thought someone was dead when they were actually still alive. Well, big whoop. It comes with the territory. You get an inkling. It could be correct or incorrect. You pick up on energy. Sylvia isn't a good psychic for work in that field. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone gets more than a few things wrong from time to time.

My guides lie to me all the time, actually. They say it's for my own good. Sometimes they are just joking, like they choose a funny explanation over the real one, with questions that don't really matter at all, and then when I bring it up later they tell me the truth.

But anyway, what I was saying was, there are a lot of misconceptions about psychic abilities. One is that they should always be 100% accurate. Like, it is some sort of authoritative ability with the all-knowing power of God. I kind of hate it how they act like psychics are supposed to be all-knowing.

Guides lie. You talk to someone else's guide, sometimes they sugar coat, or don't tell you the entire story to protect their "client." More often than not though, guides just don't know. They don't know everything. They are just spirits. They know some things. They will give you an educated guess. A very educated guess sometimes. But, they don't really know about a lot of things.

Psychic abilities are real, bitch. They are not always correct. Charlatans exist. Bad psychics exist. You take it with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment