Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Misconception About Hell

So I had this revelation, while I was going through my spiritual experience, about what hell is.

There is this major misconception in this world about hell. People think that God intentionally sends people to hell to punish them. So my revelation was, that God is like a computer programmer. He programs this thing called life. Except, this program has a bug. The bug is that after you die, something really horrible happens, for no real reason. You go into a state of horrible misery for all of eternity. God didn't purposely program it that way. It's like a bug.

So God works around the bug, using kind of a flying buttress approach. He sends Jesus down so that people don't have to go to hell. So the thing is, if you don't accept Jesus, there is really nothing God can do.

I don't want to sound preachy or anything. If you know me, you know I have always been this person who isn't at all religious. Actually, I have always secretly had a religious personality, which I have discovered in recent years. But the thing is, I like to think for myself. And I don't like things that tell you what to think, and I always felt like that's what religion did. But you realize that there is truth to be found in religion.

So anyway, hopefully that clears up the question of why a loving God would do something like damn people to hell. It is my personal belief that God does not damn people to hell. People get sent to hell by accident.

Also, hell isn't a physical place. When you are in hell, you are completely alone. At least, you are not in the company of any other benevolent spirits. There may be evil spirits, so basically you would rather be alone. There isn't any real fire or brimstone. God just used the expression "fire and brimstone" to attach concrete ideas to hell, when hell is actually something more abstract. See, a lot of spiritual concepts are more abstract but God thinks you will understand them better if He explains them in concrete terms.

I actually have no idea what it says in the bible in regards to hell. This was just part of my revelation. I think I need to look into this more.

No comments:

Post a Comment