Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, March 4, 2013

A Shattered God

So I think something people who read my blog should know is that I don't really read all that much. So, I don't usually know what is written on the topics I discuss on here. I read sporadically. It is rare for me to read a book from start to finish. I pick up a book and read parts of it. And I read stuff on the internet.

So, I am going to talk some more about God.

One thing I am thinking right now is, God is capable of error. Because if God was incapable of error, that would limit the range of things he was capable of doing. Thus limiting his power.

Maybe there are reasons why this isn't true. Like, God is CAPABLE of error, He just never would make a mistake, because he knows everything. But that is not my personal belief. I believe God knows everything there is to know about this present moment, and all past moments, but not the future.

Because people have free will, what they are going to do is not predetermined. God can predict with good accuracy what people will do, but His predictions are not foolproof.

So, God as a whole is not perfect. The Christian belief about God is that there is one god, but there are facets of God, as in the trinity. So, what I think is, facets of God are perfect. God as a whole represents completion, but not complete utter perfection.

The reason is, it is better that way. It is better to fall slightly short of perfection. As humans, we want to strive as much as possible for perfection, but miss the mark slightly. We don't need to purposely miss the mark slightly though, the truth is we always will.

Because if we were to strive for perfection, and acheive it, there would be nothing left to strive for. And some of the greatest joy comes from trying to attain something. It's like how the say, the fun is in the journey, not the destination. Or whatever the hell it is they say about that.

So, what I am thinking now is, God in his entirety IS perfect, in all sense of the word. However, as God was sitting there in all his perfection, He knew that there was great joy in strife. So He created the Earth, and humans, and put a piece of Himself in each human. And perhaps in other non-human creatures/spirits as well, like in angels. I'm not sure.

So now that God is split into pieces, the father God in heaven no longer equals complete perfection. But that's ok, because now that God is split, it creates the possibility for strife, and there is great joy in strife.

So now that God is not complete, the God in heaven is no longer completely foolproof. And, He no longer is completely satisfied. He longs for a relationship with the souls he has created, the pieces of Him that have split off, that are now on Earth.

All of this is just me speculating.

No comments:

Post a Comment