Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Jesus and Victimization


I love that moment when I’m struck by inspiration.

Today I would like to talk about Jesus. One time my roommate told me that since she grew up Catholic, she had Christianity ingrained in her, or something along those lines. I told her that I had Christianity ingrained in me too. No, I wasn’t raised Christian, or any other religion fof that matter. But because the story of Jesus is a timeless tale that enjoys ingraining itself in people.

The story of Jesus’ death and rise back to life is the timeless part. So here we have this guy who is completely innocent in every respect of the word. He is ridiculed and murdered gruesomely. Then he rises again, and boy does he show those fuckers.

It’s a nice story for people who feel like the victim, especially those who are the target of ridicule. They see themselves as innocent. The innocent one is the one who has to suffer. This is a theme that is powerful to people. That’s why the story of Jesus ingrains itself in people. Not because it’s a true story. But because it has literary power.

Feeling victimized is a sign of immaturity. People haven’t reached maturity unless they can see the faults in themselves. Jesus had no faults. Jesus could not see the faults in himself. Therefore, Jesus was immature.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment