Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Caffeine, Innercept, and the Insatiable Need to Control

My apartment was searched by Innercept staff a couple weeks ago. Knowing I didn't have anything embarrassing or secret in my apartment, I was fine with this. Today I go back and find that they removed the one Starbucks double shot I have left in my fridge. Seriously?

So I drink caffeine in larger portions then Innercept would like me to. Innercept has this insatiable need to control me. I'm going to drink more than 2 cups of coffee a day and there is nothing you can do about it. Two shots of espresso in a double shot is nothing. Seriously, that's nothing. You are wasting my money by throwing away my food/drinks.

There was a time when I had trouble with too much caffeine. That was when Innercept has me on the horrid drug Geodon. Time after time I told them it was bad, but they wouldn't take me off it until it came to a point where they really had no choice. These days, I have more trouble with my mood when I don't drink enough caffeine then when I drink too much.

Truth is, Innercept doesn't know what's best for me. I'm going to do what I think is best. I have adjusted to taking in large amounts of caffeine, to the point where if I only take in small amounts I have the energy equivalent of someone on a depressant.

I hate it how Innercept automatically assumes that if I am going through a harder time it must be because I am drinking too much caffeine. Innercept needs to accept the fact that they have no clue when it comes to my life. Just leave me alone. That's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment