Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Faith: I Figured it Out

So I go to a bible study every Tuesday. I find these people at this bible study very interesting. I go every single Tuesday, and because of this I am praised by them for my "great faith." Of course, they don't know that I actually don't believe in faith. Though, I'm pretty sure I know what would happen if I told them what I really believe. They would still welcome me there, but the whole bible study would take on an exceptionally preachy tone, because they would be trying to "save" me.

The whole idea of faith is something I never really thought about until certain delusional things happened to me. I realized there is nothing really good about having faith. But I think I may have figured it out yesterday. In order to be Christian, you have to believe that your thinking processes, logic, and judgment is worth absolutely nothing, compared to that of God. There is no way us mere humans can understand God.

Take the whole idea of Jesus dying for our sins. Why did that have to happen? I mean God created us, didn't He know we were going to sin? It seems like it sort of caught Him off guard. I think He set Adam and Eve up. But anyway, my understanding is, that act in the Garden of Eden set humans up for a tendency towards sin.

But why? Why did God design it that way? It seems to me that if God were truly the only god, He would have designed all the rules of the universe. Are there some things that are out of His control? Is there some other god above him? No, the bible says that this god is the only god. It seems to me that God doesn't have as much power as He claims to have. Someone is lying here.

And then for some reason, you have to be sinless to get into heaven. Unless, of course, someone sinless dies for your sins, and then you believe in that person. Same thing I said before, if God truly makes the rules, He could have designed it any way He wanted to.

It seems to me that is foolish to believe everything you hear. Especially when you hear stuff that doesn't make any sense, like the stuff I just mentioned. But if you don't believe this particular far-out crazy story, you are damned for all eternity because you don't have faith. This makes no sense to me. But, I am merely human. All this, of course, makes sense to God. And I should just accept that my own thoughts are worth nothing, any conclusion I come to using my own judgment is probably wrong, and that my brain isn't worth a damn thing. So that's where faith comes in.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment