Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Childhood Nightmares

I remembered to point something out to my dad. What were nightmares like for me when I was a kid? Well, when I was I think four, we went to Yosemite. The national park with the vicious bears, you know. The only nightmare I remember having about the "vicious bears"... After we left, at home, I had a dream that we were in one of those little cabin things, or something, and there was a knock at the door. I looked through the peephole and there was a bear standing there. Our family ran out the other exit, got in the car, and the bears were following us, across an intersection... And then I woke up (it wasn't that big of a deal of a nightmare, in short). My guides say, overwhelming nightmares of fears as a kid, is genetic, not "soul intelligence." Anyway... So besides a couple after we moved... There was one nightmare, or a series of nightmares in sixth grade. What was the theme? I had an awful reoccuring nightmare, of being in the car with my parents and them driving us into the water. There were a lot of variations on this particular nightmare, in one of them we drove off a bridge, and we thought we might land on this other part of the bridge, because there was a swirve in the bridge. We all cheered.. "Ahhh... Almost, NO!!" As we just barely missed. My guides say, well, besides stuff we were talking about on a subconscious level, a lot of times there are multiple things that go into one particular image or symbol in a dream, and part of the reason this dream was so reoccurring, was related to my family not being Christian. Just a fear that psyche might have, is all. I remember one in particular though, I was in the car with my mom, it was fourth of July I guess, and someone was shooting off fireworks and something fell on the windshield. Then.. BAM! Off a cliff, not all that long later. It was horrifying. I lay awake in my bed after waking with a horrific start, remembering the part where something fell on the windshield, and how at that point, everything was fine and no one was expecting anything horrible to happen. What was the other nightmare? I think it might have been in seventh grade, an "easy processing year," I was still having nightmares. There was this nightmare where someone was joking with someone else's baby, and this person showed the baby a puppet of a clown. The baby put his hands over his eyes, and instructed himself, "FORGET THE CLOWN!" And it came up later, man, this was a nightmare about nightmares. I was having nightmare after nightmare, the psyche was just so enraged, about a situation that wasn't a problem! What was the other (irrelevant) nightmare? It had a melody in it, it's a melody I found in 2017 in a Panic At the Disco song. "Coming out the backdoor, da da da da da, Ms. Jackson?" You'll have to look up the particular song, but it's in a Panic at the Disco song. I had it in 8th grade, and at the time, you're going to think this is crazy, but... All the other kids were singing Ms. Jackson by Outkast. I wasn't watching MTV in 8th grade, and they didn't play the song on Z100. So I had never actually heard the song, just people singing it in school. And... Subbie was the one who pointed out, hey, that was a melody from a nightmare in 8th grade... That's not something I would actually remember, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment