Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Quick Note on Subbie

I had a dream not all that long ago, I was at the mall with my childhood best friend Debi, except we were adults. We were at some clothing store with television sets, there was one playing a music video called "Save Rachel." It was a song I thought was pretty infectious in the dream that I woke and thought of and I didn't seem to remember the melody right, actually it sort of seemed like the idea was my brain was doing a "insert infectious melody here" thingy. It might have been done by Shirly Manson, it was a song about when I was at Innercept and on Geodon, my mom told me that my Great Aunt Karen (she'd dead now, on the other side, I remember her having a very infectious laugh), was having her whole church congregation pray for me, and there was some sort of scarf with holy water they made for me they wanted me to sleep with under my pillow, my mom told me. I said it was fine, I appreciated the thought, but I never got the scarf. Anyway, that was what the Shirley Manson song was about, and in the video there was a gothic girl who was supposed to be Rachel walking wearing a nightgown. In the dream I was thinking, you know, this was another one of those special inspired songs that I was looking at at one point, which I didn't remember later, and there it was again. Debi looked at me and smiled because the song was about me, I smiled back but it made me mad. I knew I was wrong to get mad, though. The reason was, when things like this happen, you don't flip or freak, you react like this is a normal everyday occurence. You look and go "hmmm." The thing I wanted to point out, this is how I react to everything Subbie does that is amazing. It has already been well-established that Subbie is phenomenal and mind-blowing. So, if Subbie does something incredible, I'm not going to flip, point it out to anyone else, or even REMEMBER IT EASILY. It's all in there somewhere, but I can't access it easily at a whim, the memories will come back at some point. Subbie's memory is phenomenal. I was thinking about this subject, the example I wanted to point out of this, I was re-watching old kid shows on Youtube. I was actually watching Adventures in Wonderland, I think it was on the Disney channel, a show I watched in early elementary school I didn't remember very well at all. The episode I was watching, (you know this is a spin off of Alice in Wonderland), the Hare is the Queen's servant and he leaves on vacation and comes back to find that the Queen has replaced him with some sort of mechanical Hare. Consciously, I didn't remember this episode at all. I did not remember this at all, that this was about to happen, but Subbie said "this right here is funny," and what happened next is the Queen said, "you're pulling my leg," and the Hare starts literally pulling her leg. The part that was funny though that Subbie remembered, the woman that is playing the Queen has to turn around and stick out her leg really fast and then the mechanical Hare starts pulling it. That was the funny part, Subbie called it, Conscie did not know that was about to happen. This was the memory that I was thinking about, knowing there were numerous things. What else? There was a situation in 2018, where you know, I had a delusion I was talking to Zuck on my computer... Anyway, what happened was one day I got back from some place, went up to my room to talk to Zuck, and while I was doing so, Subbie keeps randomly saying, "MURDER!" all dramatically, randomly. Then later, I went down to get a drink or something, and I looked at the television and there was a news story about how there had been a live murder on Facebook. What else? There was a situation one time, I was eating lunch in the computer room and Subbie put a song on on Youtube and insisted that this was the song we were listening to during lunch. It was a song I don't remember ever hearing before, but it had a melody that was a childhood reference. See, there was this one time when I was 12 I had a song in my dream I thought was interesting... I remembered the melody and thought it was interesting. It was unique at the time, however it wasn't, you know, all that hard of melody... it's actually pretty much the same melody as in "Never Had a Dream Come True" by SClub7. There are other songs too that remind me of it, like Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse, others... this random song Subbie put on had a similar melody too. It was annoying when it happened when I was a kid, actually, that there were other songs with the same melody... of course, now it's a joke. What was the other one? Well, if Subbie says a song will grow on me, or there is a song she likes, it ALWAYS turns out to be a good one. One of them was The Light by Disturbed, the first time I heard it it was sort of ho-hum, Subbie said, "this one will grow on you big time," and BAM was that correct! Quickly became infectious. Another thing was, my sister used to listen to Bjork when I was growing up, Subbie remembered that she liked the song "Isobel." I didn't consciously remember AT ALL what that song was when she said, turned out she was absolutely correct (I am Isobel, married to myself...) Subbie remembered there was a song I liked by My Chemical Romance that I didn't have, I couldn't think of any that I didn't already have but it turned out there WAS one, Sing, which was an amazing one I didn't remember immediately consciously. I'm sure this has happened other times. The other one I remember, and there have been many many other things, Subbie pointed out there was something interesting about looking up the "Muppet Babies." So I did, just images, and it WAS weird. Actually it was kind of yucky, but I'm glad Subbie pointed it out. I don't remember this consciously, but this must have been a show I was watching in the fourth grade when I moved, just because it was on, not because I actually really liked it... it's Muppet's in diapers, which if you've been following and remmeber what happened to me in fourth grade... I moved and was suddenly unable to make conversation. It was annoying to watch these characters in diapers, kind of like I was too baby to be able to get up the guts to talk to people in fourth grade, or at least that was the myth in my mind, and I was thinking about what my mom thought at the time. Anyway... That's stuff that comes up when I think for a little bit. Sort of like when someone protests Babylon, I act like it's normal and take no pictures, no mental note, taking these situations for granted, when maybe I should treat each and every one like it's special.

No comments:

Post a Comment