Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, September 10, 2018

The Bible and Mediumship: Using Black and White Thinking to Take Things Out of Context

At one point in my journey with my spirit guides, they were talking about an energy worker I had received work done awhile aback. While she was a legit energy worker, my guides lamented in the fact that she had some hokey belief in astrology and that astrology, in general, is full of shit.

And I believed them at the time. And still do.

However, there came a point when one of my friends was writing to me, talking about astrology and I remembered what my guides has said about astrology being full of shit. I wrote him a message back expressing this sentiment, and as I did so, I heard groans coming from the other side.

"We meant western astrology, this particular form of astrology, the time of astrology she was using! In western society, it's usually a safe bet that when they mention astrology, it's a hokey pseudoscience with no merit whatsoever! We didn't mean EVERY SINGLE FORM of astrology!"

So apparently, there are some forms of astrology that have a small amount of merit.

Anyway, what I am getting with this is, this same reasoning might be applied to the Bible and what God says about mediumship.

There is some talk that mediumship is explicitly forbidden in the Bible. It is commonly spoke of in conjunction with "passing through the fire," which is an old school Pagan reference. You would imagine that this belief system and the practices therein are what God is warning people against, not the explicit practice of communication with those who are not living.

You have to keep in mind that in the time of the Bible, the practice of mediumship was a common practice in Paganism.

What did Jesus say about mediumship? Nothing.

Nowadays, lots and lots of mediums are Christian. You would imagine that the mediums in the day of the Old Testament were not followers of God, and therefore, provided false guidance.

Commonly, New Age spiritualists accept the divinity of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment