Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Drug Use and Altered States: Correlation?

The answer is none at all.

While I was at Innercept, shortly before I was pulled out of the program, I went into an altered state. My parents pulled me out, as Innercept was supposed to prevent this sort of god awful occurrence. In reality, there was nothing Innercept could do.

At home, I was in an altered state, and this had the effect of, in Innercept's eyes, waiving all my rights to privacy. My journal was snatched from my bed side, given to my lousy therapist Lea Schilling and she read the entire thing.

In the journal, I described my struggle taking my dad's ritalin, how I didn't want to do it and how I was proud of myself for not taking any when I came home for Thanksgiving.

Lea Schilling repeated to my mother that I had been taking my dad's ritalin. My mom repeated to me until she was blue in the face her theory: Over Thanksgiving, I stockpiled a whole bunch and when I went back to Innercept, I was taking a whole bunch of my dad's Ritalin and that's why I was in an altered state.

I'm the only one who knows the truth.

The other story here was in January after I was home, I was taking less Adderall than prescribed (30 mg instead of 45) while I was in an altered state because I felt quite stimulated without it, than when my mom hid the Adderall from the counter, it was the same day I was done with the altered state. This was sheerly a coincidence. But my mom laughed and laughed and LAUGHED about it over email with my therapist Lea Schilling. What a funny joke!

I'm the only one who knows the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment