Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, November 13, 2017

Why Parents are Great(My Take on Unconditional Love)

From the second you come out of the birth canal, your fate is clear - your parents own you.

If there was ever a more delightful predicament, I wouldn't know it.

The idea in your mind is, your parents love you. And everyone is dazzled by this concept - unconditional love.

Well, personally, I'm not weak in the way that I need to have love be unconditional. You can have conditional love, where you are loved unless you do something you would never do. And this is conditional love.

What most people think is, they have to stay on the straight and narrow to be loved.

It's kind of like that Johnny Cash song, Walk the line. Maybe that's relationship love and this is parental love.

(Don't pray for the rambling ness of this post, I am already crazy and dead at the same time)

Anyway, people who need unconditional love, the kind of people who insist upon unconditional love, are they kind of people who are either lazy or unlovable. They are inevitably going to do something that will piss off their partner, and want their love to be their no matter what.

Here's how it works...

Would you love me if you knew this about me?

Yes.

Would you love me if you knew this about me?

Yes.

Would you still love me if you knew I think mean things about other people?

Yes.

Yes! Yes you would! The basic premise of unconditional love is, you are unlovable, by all but the person who loves everything about you without being told.


Unconditional love is for the unlovable.

We will not revisit this topic later, so if you didn't get the point of this post, you failed.

Very good, Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment