Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

My Mom's Therapist: Reinforcing Disjunct Thought Processes

I remember the time I asked to go with my mom to a therapy session.

I went in, and talked to the therapist alone for a couple minutes. I explained how I thought my mom was controlling, how she takes away and locks up my ID.

When my mom came back in, she made an innocuous comment about something she did the other day regarding paperwork. This prompted an emotional outburst from the therapist!

"Now does that sound controlling to you, Rachel?!"

She interjected with this statement. At this point I disengage, and wait for the session to be over to say goodbye. Meaning, I stop trying to get through.

I came in willingly to discuss my problems with my parents as guardians.

An emotional weakness for paperwork is not a trait I'd want in a guardian.

Especially since there is a spiritual reason I am not supposed to give a shit about this issue.

My parents wasted their life savings on Innercept. Every step of the way, every chance I got when staff members were out of ear shot at Innercept on the phone, I told them they were wasting their money. What I hear from my mom is, "RACHEL, YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!"

So they wasted their entire life savings against my better judgment. I am not responsible for any emotional issues my mom has regarding money now, she brought those on herself. I am not going to cater to my mom's emotional problems.

An emotional issue with paperwork is not a trait I'd want in a guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment