Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mystery is Fun

So sometimes I think about life. And I think about the fact that there is so much I don't understand about the spiritual state of life, and the nature of life, and the nature of existence, and the nature of spirit. On top of that, there are a lot of things I don't know about myself. About my own spirit, and my own past lives, and why my current life is the way it is.

But what I figure is, it happened on purpose this way. That us spiritual beings incarnate as physical beings, and there is so much we don't understand. And as physical beings, we don't understand why we are here or what we even are. And some people think that there is nothing to life beyond the physical. And that existence ends at death. And that we only get one life, and that is it. And that they don't have a spirit. All they have is a mind, consisting of electrical impulses and chemicals.

But we are spiritual in nature. And we don't know about the nature and history of our own souls, or of existence itself. And it is this way on purpose. Because, quite simply, mystery is fun.

For some people, some people such as myself, they embark on a journey. And sometimes, secrets are revealed. These moments are amazing. But if you knew the truth all along, you would never experience this amazing moment. You always knew everything and so any particular fact is no big deal. That's why when we incarnate as physical beings, we enter into a state of ignorance. Because mystery is fun.

So I wonder if as spiritual beings, who can exist in many different states, in many different spiritual dimensions. I wonder if in one of these states, we do know everything there is to know. Like God. But as humans, not only do we not know very much, I think we are also incapable of knowing the nature of the universe. Because I doubt there is an explanation for the universe and all of existence that someone could explain to me, and that wouldn't result in more questions. And even if they did have answers for these questions, the answers would create more questions. And this would go on endlessly. This is because of the way we think and what makes sense to us. Our ability to understand is limited.

Also, maybe, ignorance aids spiritual growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment