Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Laughing With God

I would like to take a moment to discuss why the title of my book is Laughing With God. In order to do so, I may have to discuss the content of the book, which I don't normally do on my blog because when it comes out I want the content to be fresh to someone who might perhaps read my blog. But sometimes I make exceptions.

Laughing With God is the title of my book because it captures what was the best part of being delusional, which was when I felt like I was God and I was laughing. Actually, it's a bit misleading because it makes it sound like you and God are two separate things, when the experience I'm talking about is when I am God and I am laughing. But "Laughing As God" didn't sound right.

When I was experiencing one of my "episodes," sometimes I wouldn't feel like myself. Sometimes, I felt like I was someone else. Other times, I felt like I was no one. But the best of times was when I felt like I was God, and I was laughing. Everytime I felt like I was God I was laughing. God is a jolly fellow, sort of like Santa Claus.

I would laugh at something my people did. I was God, and my people, they were so funny. They'd do so many hilarious things. But I'm not talking about those things, that's top secret book information.

It would be funny because they didn't get it. I'd kind of like watching your child, and laughing at what your child does and how your child thinks because their understanding and comprehension is inferior to your own. It reminds me of my dad telling me about cargo cults. According to my dad, less advanced civilizations of people came in contact with more advanced modern day civilizations with airplanes and all sorts of cool technology. The less advanced civilizations wondered why our gods had given us that stuff and not them. They figured it was because we built cool (air traffic control) towers to worship the gods. So the primitive societies built some towers imitating us hoping that the gods would reward them with the same sorts of cool things they had rewarded us with. This is something that we can all laugh at that would also make God laugh, if in fact the god from my experiences were real. And if the god from my experiences were real, that would mean He was me.

What I'm trying to say is, this god isn't mean, but he laughs at humans because they are stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment