Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Spirit Humor

Spirit humor. Spirit humor is the willful exaggeration of a known fun idea. At least, that is how the spirits define it. They do not understand why things are funny, but they are. You think about humor too much, analyze it, it is mean to the spirits, because they do not understand why you are reading your mother's diary of worry. Ba doom cha!

The reason this is funny, is because my mom is going to read this, and worry. That's not it.

I was watching the movie The Giver. There was a part at the beginning that was funny. Where the main character, who could only see black and white, could suddenly see the color in his gal pal's hair. I started laughing, and my mom shushed me, because this wasn't a funny part. But the reason it was funny was, the classic idea of when a man is interested in a woman, and how he sees things about her in vivid, wondrous detail, like the color of her hair. It is an idea that doesn't exist as much as they try to pretend like it does, but it means it is true that women are pretty. That is it.

Another joke that is spirit humor is in the Hunger Games. When Katniss and Peeta are in a compromised position, in the arena, and they kiss, and then it is broadcasted to where Gale is watching. This was a funny as fuck moment, because they are not really in love, they are just pretending, but only the two of them know that, and they are instead told they are not the ones who are in love, the capital is in love with the idea of love, and the two of them riot and change the world.

When I am talking to my spirit guides, through out the day... it is this little running joke to say, after every situation, "that was spirit humor." Something about that is, a good portion of the time, it actually is, but usually is not. So I have to ask, was that spirit humor? Usually, I know it isn't. Sometimes, it is. Sometimes, it is spirit sarcasm. Sometimes, it is spirit wisdom. Other times, it is spirit wit.

Sometimes I imagine funny situations in my head. The other day, my dad was going to give me my meds. I told him he could place them in the bathroom, and I would take them when I got the chance. In my mind, I imagined him going in the bathroom and placing them directly in the trash can. Because that is where they were going to end up. Not because I would actually put them there, I would have taken them, but because that's where he expected I would have placed them had he let me take them by myself. Spirit humor, baby, spirit humor.

My book has lots, lots, lots and lots, of spirit humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment