Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Why Religion is Fun

So I find it odd how people act about religion. People hate it. Actually, I don't find it odd, because I understand it. It's not so much the funny beliefs. It's the rules. No sex. No adultery. Burn in hell if you do this, or that. Be a little goody two-shoes bitch.

The funny thing is, that's not the way it works. You interpret religion anyway you want to interpret it. No, not really. But you interpret it how you interpret it.

To me, the bible doesn't say shit about sex. No wait, it does. It says, sex is normal, but ideally, you should treat it with caution, because fucking around too much with people can fuck things up.

So that's what I do. I have given up fucking around too much.

The bible never says anything about drugs, that I know of. I don't know the bible very well, though. But Jesus does enjoy the occasional, or very frequent, glass of wine. Very much so. Also, a pillar of mysticism is that you should do some cautious experimentation with illicit drugs, preferably hallucinogens.

As for the other rules, they are fun to follow. No stealing. Love thy neighbor. Those ones are easy. Forgiveness, baby. I like to think I am good at that.

So I enjoy the goody-two shoes lifestyle. I am clean of the drugs I used to be addicted to. I feel love for the people I like, which is most people I know. I am a good person. I do God's work. I am a servant of God.

Because that's what being religious is about. Being part of God's army. Feeling righteous, and being righteous at the same time. Having a mission, a place in the world. Knowing that God cares about you.

Another thing is fun is too proudly wear a cross necklace, so everyone knows. A lot of people are turned off by it, but fellow Christians will look at you and think, well, she's a good person and someone I'd like to know. Even non-Christians might think, she's a good person but not someone I'd like to know, necessarily. Depending.

It is true that not everyone thinks highly of the morals of all Christians. Some Christians are nasty. But when you see someone wearing a cross necklace, you automatically think holy, righteous person. Subconsciously.

Some concepts that are fun to think about when you are religious are the power of God, the power of the holy spirit, and the power of holiness and virtue in general.

And then sometimes when you are bored, you can pull out your bible and start reading. The bible is a fun, fun book. No, I don't take all the stories literally. In fact, I think a lot of the so called "miracles" are merely hyperboles. But there are fun concepts, fun stories, fun things about the bible. That's what I like about the bible. It's a fun book.

Another secret is, guys dig it too. A lot of guys do, seriously, even if they are not religious themselves. No, they don't want you to preach to them, or have you drag them to church, or convert them, or anything. They will talk about it with you though. But the thing is, there is an automatic association with good, Christian girls and sex.

It's not true of all guys, but true for some. Some guys dig the bad girl image. A lot of guys prefer the good girl image. Because they have a strong desire to defile and desecrate goodness. Not taint it, just defile it.

But that's not the reason I'm religious at all, that's just something I was thinking right now. It's a secret I am sharing with you, not for any particular reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment