Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Anti-Religion Dumbfucks Who Laugh Over and Over Again at Shit that was Originally Funny but Not Anymore

So I get really, really sick of the whole gay marriage debate. I thought it was a fun debate, at first, with the stupidity of the anti gay marriage arguments, but after awhile it gets old. Yeah, they are dumbfucks, yeah, they site Leviticus a lot of times for opposition to gay marriage. I would point out that no one trusts Leviticus anymore, and a better place to turn to for gay bashing is the New Testament... But I won't go there because I don't believe that is a good argument either. Either way, I don't think that kind of stuff matters anymore.

I get sick of it. So yeah, gay marriage is a dumb issue. It should be a no brainer. The same rights should be given to all dedicated couples, no matter what genders they are. Yeah. But I get sick of the people on the left, the atheists, the non-religious, taking this as an excuse to make fun of religion over and over and over and over again. They laugh about it, over and over and over again.

Let's not make fun of retarded people, please. No, these people aren't retarded, but their arguments are. It gets really, really old. But most Christian and Jewish people aren't in this camp! So these gay marriage supporting people use this as an excuse to make cracks at religion over, and over, and over again.

In reality, it reminds me of the light spots I have from the long term Adderall use. I have light spots too. The light spots are things I think were so, so funny, I have to laugh at them over and over and over and over again... and other people would think it was way, way, excessive. "Gee Rachel, it wasn't THAT funny!" But for whatever reason, the dopamine has built up in that neuropathway, and it is funny as fuck, in a deluded, brain-damaged sort of way. That is how the anti-gay marriage arguments are to a lot of people. Quit laughing. It got old a long time ago. These people act like dumbfucks. Get over it.

Face it. You don't understand religion. You don't get it. There is a lot more to it than just being gullible. It is a tradition you don't understand. I understand your atheist ways. Yes, I do, because I was once an atheist. You repeat a lot of false preconceived notions about the nature of religion, over and over again, and it is a cavalcade of ignorance. Just shut the fuck up about it all ready.

I enjoy healthy discourse, really I do, but I think it's best to reach some sort of understanding between us. And really, I admit you are right, about the gay debate.  Really, all it comes down to is hatred and bigotry. That's what I believe opposition to gay marriage is.

However, I am going to say right now, opposition to gay adoption is a different issue. I am for it, but there are some unseemly elements, as it does have an effect on the child. Not just the stigma, that's not what I am getting at. The idea that children need both a male and a female role model, and for tha they look to their parents. It messes up children when they don't have a good one for both. However, there are lots of children out there, up for adoption, who need homes. And I am not going to say, oh, they can't have this loving home, just because of the gay issue, because often there are not enough homes for all the children who need homes.

2 comments:

  1. Who are you talking to anyway? Your parents??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not aimed at my parents. My parents aren't religious but they don't go around bashing it all the time. I don't really understand why you think this would be directed at my parents.

    ReplyDelete