Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Human Connection

So I wanted to write about something that I was thinking about the other day, but didn't get around to actually blogging about. No one talked to me about this particular subject, I was just listening to some people on the bus talking about religion and it made me think of it.

I like to talk about religion, and about philosophical beliefs in general. I have my own beliefs, and I like to share them. I like to ask other people about their beliefs. I am aware that this is a sensitive topic for some people and some shy away from talking about it. But I don't shy away from it.

I am curious person and I ask people questions about their beliefs. When I do so, I have no intention of changing their mind about anything. I just seek to understand. I don't care one way or the other what you believe as long as it's not something that causes you to do something that's damaging to someone else. The only thing I care about is that if we don't agree, we can put our differences aside, agree to disagree and still connect on a human level. This might sound weird coming from someone who doesn't talk to very many people, but I see the human connection as the only thing that really matters. I see it as valuable to be able to connect with a wide variety of different people. Because the way I see it, nothing bad is going to happen to you if you don't believe the "right thing."

This was a short entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment