Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Sunday, May 15, 2022

The Best Party Like Jesus Story Which Didn't Make the Cut

Shortly after I came down with a set of grandiose delusions... Yeah, I would say grandiose. I had to sit spring term of college out, so my mom was going to Indiana to visit family and mushroom hunt, so I went along. And we visited someone random who happened to have a dog named Sophie, and that situation didn't make the cut because that wasn't all that interesting either, ooh, a dog named Sophie, unique! So, my mom usually didn't complain much about how I wouldn't take the medication that at one point I took and started to get horrific "flashbacks"... No, just plain old anxiety thinking about a past life situation that didn't even happen to me, I know now. And you know, I was just thinking about what a airplane crashing through the roof of a mall would actually be like, and the thought got so intense I started panicking, so yeah, I didn't want to take the medication anymore. Right in front of me, my mom says to my Grandma Keister, "Can you please have a talk with Rachel about how she should be taking her medication?" "Oh, I don't know that situation I don't want to be part of it..." "Please?" "Well, Rachel! I take medication too! It helps my conditions I have!" And she gave me a big fake smile, and my mom turns to me and says, not in jest, "She has wisdom, you know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment