Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Sunday, February 17, 2019

We Hate Sluts Why?

Why is being considered a slut a bad thing?

Honestly, the only reason I can see that the construct of a "slut" being shameful is in regards to cheating. Being polyamorous, that means it doesn't mean much. I mean if you were in a relationship with someone and they didn't want you to have sex with someone else, I guess maybe you would want to stay faithful. Just because it is some biological construct related to reproduction that makes a lot of people get jealous. I don't get jealous, so I have trouble sympathizing.

It's one of those dumbfuck things about society that slut-shaming even exists at all.

Other than in regards to cheating, I guess I wouldn't want to be the kind of person who goes around fucking every guy in town with sex that was meaningless. But I think if you were the kind of person who liked meaningless sex, I wouldn't think that was something to be really mean about. I mean, what do I know? Is this a character weakness? Maybe, but I don't know so let's err on the side of caution and say it's not.

In my worldview, if the sex is consensual and enjoyment is mutual and protection is used, there is no harm done. The more the better! Let the sex commence!

It kind of seems like the continuous beating up of a straw man argument.

What is wrong with the woman who sleeps around? Do we hate her because she likes sex? I thought that was a good thing. Like, a really really good thing. I thought the thing that was obnoxious in society was the woman who does NOT like sex. I must have missed something.

Naturally, it must be because she is attention-seeking and seeks approval from too many men. Which is the Toxic Notion that women do not actually enjoy sex, which is as we say here in Rachel Zuhl's world, a Baby Boy myth.

I have been thinking recently about the concept that seems to be talked about a lot, Toxic Masculinity. When I think of toxic masculinity I think of women being degraded by men in a sexual way. I don't mean men having dirty thoughts about women, I mean like lack of respect for women. I think of guys who demand sex, feel entitled to it, and in general don't respect the women they sleep with, or women at all for that matter. I think of misogyny.

When I googled toxic masculinity and slut-shaming I got references to toxic feminity. Female slut-shaming and male slut-shaming look entirely different. Women do it because they are jealous. Always.

I think I must have been absent for the life lesson about why tight-leggedness and virginity are valuable traits.

I am celibate, but that's because I am working on enlightenment.

I think what it comes down to is, let people live. Do what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment