Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Friday, October 5, 2018

The Cross-Eyed Smiley Face

I have some sort of image in my head, in association with enlightenment.

It is a cross-eyed smiley face. Or maybe not cross-eyed, cross lipped. Or some sort of abnormal facial expression.

It combines the emotional connotation of smiley faces, with some rhythm of drumming, with the feeling you get as a kid looking at your dad's computer stuff. Like, really intensely technical.

It has a low-level computer engineering feeling to it. And it is a colorful smiley face.

But that doesn't do it justice. It has the feeling of breaking through two-dimensions and becoming three-dimension. Or breaking through three-dimensions and becoming more than four dimensions.

It reminds me of that South Park episode, where Stan found out the Tooth Fairy wasn't real and started questioning everything at the same time, and had an existential crisis. The music from that episode.

I can't really do that image justice. It just exists somewhere in my frame of thought.

And above all, it has a feeling of zen.

It came into my mind when I was watching a video by Osho, in reference to when Osho laughed when he reached enlightenment because the process of enlightenment was absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment