Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Psychic Abilities

So recently I had a massage where I got relaxed and got thinking about things, realized things about my life and the nature of my soul and the universe. This has brought the whole idea of metaphysics to the forefront of my attention. My mentor tries to talk to me about activities to fill up my schedule, but really I'm not interested in anything that isn't related to spiritual development.

Something that happened awhile before the massage was that I started getting a sense of what people were feeling when I talked to them. First it started where I could feel people pulling away, either because they were losing interest and their mind was going off on a different track or because something I said turned them off. This feeling of other people has gradually been getting stronger. It's still incredibly weak though. The thing about it is it usually goes along with peoples' facial expressions/voice expressions/body language. Sometimes these feelings are hard to read. My parents were visiting, I walked by my mom and I felt frustration in her energy. I asked her if she was frustrated. She said she was because she couldn't find her hairbrush.

Nicotine seems to make it weaker. I chew nicotine gum. I have to have it or else I get pissed off then really depressed. When I feel disconnected from people, the feeling also gets weaker. I got frustrated today because I went to class and I could hardly feel it at all. I have become dependent on this feeling. When I started talking to my table mates more, it got a bit stronger. If I sit and talk to someone for awhile I start to feel it. I usually don't feel it right off the bat. There have also been other minor examples of psychic things, nothing very convincing though.

I went to a psychic/metaphysical message board because I heard it was a way of getting free psychic readings. I found out the advantage of talking to these people versus paid online psychics is they don't sugar coat. But they are amateurs too. I got a reading and I sort of got the impression that they were just going off what I said and not really reading me, though they did mention one detail that was true that I hadn't told them.

So I went to another section on the message board where they do picture readings. I posted a picture of myself. I got responses I felt were more accurate. The first person who responded emphasized introspection, which is very true because I am a very introspective person, but even more so recently. The next person mentioned that he sensed a lot of resentment and the need to hide something. This was also true. I was trying to hide this weak feeling of being psychic because in the past to my parents and doctors that has been a delusional thing. What this guy said was absolutely true. Both of them I think said something about having talents and expanding my inner self. I wondered if they meant psychic abilities.

But anyway, it's been weak today so far and I don't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment