Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Where do you hold the Fabled Belief Dot?

 My dad and I had a disagreement about what cognitive dissonance was.


I said, believing two contradictory things, simultaneously.


He said, NO, you believe one thing, despite evidence to the contrary.


Of course... I said, you know, that sounded like what I said, EXACTLY. No difference.


Nuh huh huh... The difference is, where do you hold the Fabled Belief Dot, Rachel? With what he said, you hold it OUTSIDE of your head, and with what I said, you hold it INSIDE your head.


Where is your Fabled Belief Dot, and how many do you have? Can you hold two simultaneously contradictory belief dots on a conscious focal point level in your brain, at the same time? WELL I CAN... I AM A MASTER HOLDER OF BELIEF DOT JUGGLING... I CAN JUGGLE MY BELIEF DOTS, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, DISMISS STRANGE BELIEF DOTS, JUGGLE THEM INSIDE AND OUT OF MY HEAD, and I CAN DISTRIBUTE THEM TO FOLLOWERS, TOO...


CAN YOU JUGGLE YOUR BELIEF DOTS? I BET YOU CAN'T...


That's why my brain is better than yours, okay. Without any rude emotional connotations, or rude nastiness, okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment