Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Monday, March 26, 2018

Nutritional Analysis of American Culture

Earlier last year, I was taking part in a mysticism adventure. I was at the dollar store buying supplies, and there was an obese man ahead of me buying a whole bunch of junk food.

And this is where I get Bernie Sanders in my head. It's not that I have a problem with an obese man eating junk food, because I don't. It was an obese man eating low quality, dollar store junk food. I mean, if that's how he gets his kicks, by overeating, he should dine out on a big juicy steak. Not potato chips in a bag with a funny font. That was what got me. The font of the potato chip brand.

As I went home, I saw some sort of little red dots indicating some sort of nutritional element dancing around in my mind. Sure, we live in poverty. But why can't we afford high quality, nutritious food?

And this is where I die inside. Because you can get fruits and vegetables at a food kitchen if you are poor, for free actually. But no one eats their fruits and vegetables!

At the hospital, people don't eat their fresh fruits and vegetables. They are left on the trays for me to snatch.

You, America, have an eating problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment