Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gender Roles and Awe

I'd like to take a moment to talk about my favorite topic. Sexuality!

So I'm actually a really, really big mysogonist. Which is funny, because I'm a girl! It's not that I hate women, or think they are inferior at all even. I just in general like men a lot better than women and not just in a sexual way.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how when I was a kid, I saw a lot of depictions of femininity on TV. Gender shit.

The man is depicted as dominant. He overpowers the woman. He is in charge. Or is he?

Like in the show I Dream of Jeannie. This particular show has very strong sexual connotations, even though there is no actual sex. There's a funny relationship here, where Major Nelson is the master. So he's in charge of Jeannie. But, Jeannie has magical powers! So who's in charge here? Who's really in charge here? This is actually kind of like a metaphor or something for sexuality and gender shit right here.

Which is superior? Femininity or masculinity? First off, men and women are equal. I am not arguing that at all. But, even though I prefer men over women, romantically and friendship-wise, Femininity is far superior to masculinity.

Men have dominance, in a way. A certain type of meaningless, unvirtuous dominance. Physical dominance. A very primitive sort of dominance. Femininity is actually way, way more sacred and holy. It's elusive and mysterious. It's way more valuable.

Men are in awe of this. Though, they are not actually jealous. And in a way, this concept is kind of similar to the Freudian idea of penis envy. I was making fun of this on my blog earlier. Women don't want to have a penis. God no! It's actually kind of funny in a way because men are so obsessed with their own penis that they think wow a woman must be jealous of this awesome powerful thing I have because the man himself is so fucking proud of it! And women say, hahahaha! That's your own masculine ego talking, it's really not as wonderful as you yourself think it is! But women do like that kind of thing though, so in a way it goes both ways. Women are in awe of the man's physical power, but men are in awe of the sacred, holy aspect of femininity. However, most people, MOST PEOPLE, obviously the ones who aren't are the transexual people, most people are wrapped up in living out the sex that they are and they aren't really jealous of the other gender. But, there is that feeling of awe.

So this goes both ways here. But, really, truly, I think femininity is better. Women carry children. That's really what it comes down to. And the whole idea of creating life in this way mysterious and beautiful and powerful, and in general more important than anything a man does.

So what women are taught is, they have the power. Really, they do. So naturally, the man wants to overpower the woman, and it is a demonstration of his feelings of being in awe over the woman's sacred magical thing that she has. And the man wants the woman to submit, to show that she is in awe over the man's physical prowess.

Anyway. Anyway. I like men better than women. BUT... I thought about it, and I realized, I think there is an elite group of women which is superior to all men and everyone else. Women who have the masculine spark. And I believe I am one of these women.

20 comments:

  1. OMG. This is really a pants-load of bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explain what you think is bullshit, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unsubstantiated opinions being passed off as wisdom and/or fact. Bullshit, yes. Or, total disregard for scholarship, research, or peer-reviewed studies that currently exist. But, you're intent to reinvent the wheel because of your grandiosity and narcissism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously a dimwit, this is not some sort of scientific research journal this is my own blog of my own theories that come out of my own brain. But I am flattered you come here expecting truth and scientific facts, sorry to let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I should clarify that when I say the thing about certain people being superior, I only mean in terms of who I like the best. I don't really think I am innately better than anyone else, or deserving of special treatment, or anything like that. I just meant that in general I like most men better than most women, except for some women, and I include myself within this group of women, but this is merely my own opinion and by no means fact in terms of who is better than anyone else.

    I would be interested to know what in particular you think goes against scientific wisdom. This is just a theory on human psychology. Actually, it is more of an ideal, for how sex should be. Sex, in reality, gets fucked up by people's own ego, and turns not so much into a game of having awe for the other person, and more trying to boost their own ego by demeaning the other person.

    I am wondering what you think should be backed up by scientific research, or goes against scientific research, and how the fuck you expect me to have scientific research to back up my claims when all I do on this blog is throw out theories I make up. Seriously, I just enjoy making up wild theories. My blog is just a platform for me to speak my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "when all I do on this blog is throw out theories I make up." As I said...bullshit. Why not go for more reality-based observations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is reality based. It's a fun observation about the way sex should be, and is for some people. Healthy people. Obviously not you. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure, you're making observations...it's your conclusions that seem to need some work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for that magnificent hypothesis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wasn't a hypothesis. It was an observation, then a conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you're one of them folks who thinks sex is all about being engorged by "body parts," aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so far afield that it's laughable. And here I thought you were psychic! In any case, I thought we were having a discussion about ideas, but it's apparent to me that if your ideas are questioned in any way, you begin to resort to ad hominem attacks, you know, attacking the person rather than their reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are not serious ad hominem attacks I am just teasing. Geez, a little sensitive there! I was exceptionally peeved with your suggestion that I should have peer reviewed research to back up my personal opinions. It is a very weak way to attack ideas you don't agree with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quotes: "I am just teasing." then "I was exceptionally peeved." You're kinda all over the map. And as for attacking your "ideas": you said yourself you're simply throwing out "theories I make up." In other words, these are not "ideas" or let's say, serious ideas. I guess I'm going to have to say, again: "bullshit."

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are serious ideas this is what I believe. I'm dead fucking serious moths fucka. I understand you don't see eye to eye and since you won't tell me exactly what it is you disagree with, I would say you are subscribing to the "body parts" theory. That's not really an insult, some people are just like that. Just saying' smarty pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There was no reasoning to attack you didn't use any reasoning just said it was bullshit. There is no peer reviewed research on this particular topic. You were the one using ad hominem attacks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No. Ad Hominem: You are bullshit. Not Ad Hominem: Your post is bullshit, or, your argument is bullshit. See? But going back to my original comment that this particular post was a pant load of bullshit... You have in fact established that your simply pulling "crazy theories" straight out of your ass. You haven't substantiated your opinions about gender issues, you've simply thrown your opinions out there to see if they stick. And, because you typed them out in your blog, seeing them there in print seems to give them some substance in your eyes. I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so far off it's laughable. You are the one who called me a narcissist. That's an ad hominem attack if I ever saw one. These are my perceptions. They are real whether or not I write a blog about them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Actually, no. I did not call you a narcissist. What I said was, "your grandiosity and narcissism." Traits that you are exhibiting in your blog when you respond to me, not necessarily what you are. Big difference. You, on the other hand, say "you are seriously a dimwit." Ad Hominem, exhibit A. I couldn't care less what you think of me, but I have enjoyed our discussion. You are intelligent and bright. I kinda think that you think you're smarter than everyone else, or maybe more enlightened than everyone else. Yes, probably more of the latter. You're obviously struggling with a number of serious issues and I commend you for having the guts to lay them out on the line. That said, I think you are tending toward the hyperbolic, but then, you've said in this comment thread that you're throwing out crazy theories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All I meant when I said you were a dimwit was that I thought it was stupid to suggest I should have peer-reviewed research to back up my claims, or that it went against peer-reviewed research. This isn't anything that peer-reviewed research can prove true or false. I didn't think this was a crazy theory at all just different than how most people think. I am not smarter than everyone else, smarter than a lot of people, maybe. But mostly I just try to think outside the box. That's all. It's okay to disagree with my theories.

    ReplyDelete