Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Spirits vs. Your Own Brain

A few months ago someone told me in a dream that a certain thing would happen before I was 25. It's interesting, because it appears to be happening. This is the first time recently that the people in my dreams have predicted something correctly.

Actually, when they told me it would happen I thought they meant before I was 26. They clearly said 25, but in the dream I was thinking 26, so I thought that's probably what they meant. But maybe they actually did mean 25 after all. So this puts the idea in my head that maybe I should heed dream messages.

They have inaccurately predicted things, like that I would be represented by the one agent and that a specific bad thing would happen in November. They predicted that back in July, and right afterward I took preventative measures against it. Still, I don't think it was because of the measures I took that it didn't happen.

I believe spirits can communicate with you in your sleep. They have told me things in my sleep a long time ago that ended up being true. Trouble is knowing what's a spirit message and what isn't. Sometimes when the spirits talk to you, there is a certain unmistakable quality to it. They feel very knowledgable, and very caring, like this is your best friend in the entire universe. But then I started having dreams where people would talk to me and it didn't have that unmistakable quality to it, so I didn't know. But one thing I know is, there are two good things that they repeatedly tell me. One of the things is that my book will be published. The other, I won't mention.

Spirits are often present when you are awake, too, but you are often not on the right frequency to receive their messages. But, sometimes you are. Sometimes, they tell you to look at things. One time, I was around a certain guy at college, and I was sitting at his computer but not looking at the screen. Something told me that he listened to a certain band I liked and it told me to look at the screen, and I looked and his music was up and I saw that he did listen to that band. Other times, they direct you to take certain fortune cookies. It's happened a couple times to me before. I'm about to select a fortune cookie, and I look at the cookies to select one and a certain one catches my eye, and something tells me "that one!" This has happened to me twice that I can remember, and in both instances I read the fortune and later figured out why it was important that I picked that one.

Sometimes, I can't tell if a thought came from my own head or from a spirit. I was talking to my mom, and she was talking about her cousin who died not too long ago and about how she visited her right before she died, and as she regretted not staying there longer because she thought she might have been able to help her. As she was leaving her cousin's place, my mom was asking the spirits or whatever to give her some sort of sign if she should stay longer, and she didn't get a sign so she must not be psychic. As she was telling me this, the thought entered my head that she wasn't supposed to stay because there was nothing she could do. I expressed this thought. I don't know if it came from the spirits or not.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I think you are right about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who posted that last comment? I didn't write that.

    ReplyDelete