Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Conversation With Job

I took a vacation from my life last night in the form of a dream. It started out where I was in a strange house that was supposed to be my house, on my computer working on stopping global warming. I fell asleep at my computer. Then I was in a dream within a dream. I was petting a cat, and I looked at it and recognized her as my family's old cat Amanda who died several years ago. I realized that I must be dreaming. Then a guy came and spoke to me, and told me that his name was Job. I asked him if he was the same Job from the bible. He had to think about this for several minutes. "Oh yeah, I was in the bible," he said. He told me that I was different from other people in that I required spiritual energy in order to survive (I'm not quite sure what this meant, but that's what he said). I think he said other stuff that I don't remember. I asked him if my meds hindered me. He said he didn't remember, he had to check on that and get back to me. Then I woke up, but I was still asleep because it was a dream within a dream. I felt very touched that Job from the bible felt the need to speak with me. I was going to write something about in on Facebook, but then it turned out I was still in a dream and I woke up again, yet again still in a dream. I didn't end up saying anything about in on Facebook, I wondered who I should tell about it. I didn't tell anyone, but my parents knew about it. They were upset that I was still having delusions about the bible, and they were after me. I left the house, and then I was outside my real house at home.

My dad came out of the house first, and I was standing on the sidewalk. He was going to chase after me, but instead of running I just held up my hand, pointing all my fingers at him and focusing all my energy on keeping him in one place. It worked, he stood there motionless. Then my mom came out of the house, she didn't see me but she walked on to the grass and was standing closer to me. I held my other hand up to keep her still. But it was impossible to keep them both still because I didn't have enough energy. I then woke up for real.

When I woke up, I felt like I had been somewhere far away. I don't think I really talked to Job but the dream seemed significant. I was starting to feel normal, and then I have this dream about talking to people from the bible reminding me that I'm not normal.

And then I come to the NIC library and get on Facebook and read messages sent by my sister. My parents are upset that I'm in a relationship because they think I'm not ready. I'll probably go to the grave not being ready to be in a relationship. It's doubtful that my parents will ever think I'm ready to be in a relationship again. This is an interesting feeling, because it does piss me off. A lot. At the same time, I remember myself holding up my hands in the dream and paralyzing them with my mind, and the sense of power I had over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment