Spiritual Musings on a Chemical World

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Psychic Powers

At the time being, I don't believe I'm psychic. But I believe I could be psychic if I overcome the tendency to see only what I want to see.

I remember one day in eighth grade sitting in science class. We were drawing letters from a hat, or some other bowl or sack-like object, to see which element we would study for are element report. I was waiting my turn, and I was thinking to myself, you know, if I think real hard, I can see into the future and see what letter I'm going to draw before I draw it. So I thought real hard, and the letter H came into my head. Then I drew a letter, and it was an H.

The thing is, I had no vested interest in picking any of the letters. These days, I only try to see into the future about things that actually matter to me. There are times when feelings about things are so overwhelming I know it's more than me just believing what I want to believe. But this is rare, and even then it can be unreliable.

So I am left waiting the painfully slow wait to see if the agent likes my book. If things were a bit more fast paced, I wouldn't have to wonder so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment